Thursday, August 6, 2009

Scars of a broken heart



The ache of heartbreak left behind
The vision of your face seared into my mind
The echoes of your laugh bellowing through the chambers in my heart
I swore it would last, I was wrong so now where do I start
My perception of love now jaded
The remnants of the scent of you now faded
I still wonder where we went wrong
Could it be that it was never right all along
I thought I gave you all of me
Maybe I wasn’t enough
I guess it is true that the truth sets you free
I wasn’t well until I confessed to myself
That love wasn’t right in me
It wasn’t an easy thing to digest
The pain of loss lingered in my chest
I felt the cold blow through my emptiness
A feeling that felt so timeless
Left with no pain killers
No sleeping pills
A feeling I was forced to endure
When love makes you sick where is the cure
You fill that void in your heart with the lesson learned
Leave behind the past, walk away, let it burn
Hope for the best in the next
It wont be the same so ready yourself for a new start
Let new love heal the scars of your broken heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment