Sunday, August 30, 2009

For Love



For love I am willing to give the gift of sacrifice
To defeat the giant that is my pride, crumble it and sweep it to the side
For love I am willing to silence my mind and let my heart speak what only love could understand
To melt away my fears and doubts, let them evaporate and rain down again as compassion and certainty
For love I am courageous enough to take a path unknown
To search endlessly for a love to call my own, for a priceless goddess to place upon a throne
For love I do not require reciprocation, a gift of my charity to another heart
A divinity made eternal, a power made infinite from god to me to you
For love there will be no substitute, a heart is not made for solitude
To share the gift of love means to have purpose in another
For love there is my promise of loyalty and truth
To be a bandage when there are wounds, to be a confidant when there is worry
For love ill be and live all these things
Sure enough I am a man and I will be a well of life to her when she is thirsty
A shield when her guard is down and I will be the one who carries her when the burden of life weighs her down
Only for love

No comments:

Post a Comment